Sunday, September 2, 2012

Sunday Snapshot {Girls & Horses}


What is it about girls and horses? There is something special in the bond you get with your horse...something magical about it. That that huge, beautiful creature would let you ride it, and brush it, and get upset with it, and love it - it's amazing.

My sister, Jessie, along with myself, are what you could call "horse-crazed." This picture was taken at the house of a friend who owns a Fresian.

And his name was Goliath. How perfect!!


Ni Hao Yall

Taken with my Canon EOS Rebel T2i
f6.3, 1/400, ISO-160

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! I used to *love* horse-riding, but a bad accident and lack of a good horse ended up killing much of my enthusiasm. :( I still love horses themselves, though. And horse photos! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the same thing happen!! Got dumped in a nasty accident when I was 8...broke my arm really bad, spent time in a hospital, not pretty. It took me a while to get over it, but I did. Years later, I got dumped at a show and sprained my neck and back was taken away in an ambulance. But by that time, I knew better than to stop loving horses :) It's now a permanent condition. LOL

      Delete
  2. I love the joy in this. It tells a great story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't say I am horse crazy, but I love my horse despite broken bones and other less serious injuires :) I just fractured my collar-bone last Thursday attempting to worm him.

    I do think horses are some of the prettiest critters out there and the one in your photo is no exception. Jessie looks like he was just whispering something funny in her ear :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, Lisa! Add me to the horse-crazy list :)

    ReplyDelete